Buying a new home requires proper pre - planning in order to save time, money, as well as energy. To make your wishes come true, you must know what you want and need before starting the buying process. So, how will your future home look like? Does it have to be unique in design and style?
Before you start hunting down your dream house, consult your wish list and keep your top priorities in mind. Keep a wish list for house plan, dream list for designing a house plan, best on-line home plan to buy.
1. Type of House Plan
- Would you prefer a traditional, modern or unique home plan?
- How may storeys would you prefer and how do you want the ground floor to look like?
- What's your preferred Floor Plan? Hardwood floor or tiles?
2. How Big/Small Will Your Future House Be?
This will depend on your family size. The house plan and design must have a suitable layout which must be suitable for a family. If you are planning on living alone, you don't have to purchase a big house as there are small house plans which are just fit for your needs.
3. House Roof
- What kind of roofing material would you prefer? Metal, shingles or tiles?
- What kind of roof design would you prefer?
4. Bedroom Design and Style
- How many bedrooms would you prefer?
- What kind of bedroom design would you like for your kid plus the master bedroom?
- Which colour is most suitable for each bedroom?
- Where do you want the bedrooms to be located?
- Do you want them decorated or just plain?
- Where do you want it located in the house?
- What's your preferred Floor Plan? Hard-floor or tiles?
6. Kitchen Style
- Which style would be most suitable? Traditional, modern, country, rustic e.t.c?
- Which types of cabinets would you prefer?
- Would you like decorations? Which colour would you prefer?
7. Living room
- How do you want your living room to be like? Do you need a fireplace? How do you want your floor to look like? What about the design of your dining room?
- Which colour do you prefer? Do you want it to match with your furniture?
- How big/small do you want your living room to be?
8. Outdoor Features
- What kind of design do you want for your backyard/front yard? Should it be large or just one that requires little maintenance?
- Where do you want your swimming pool to be located? Backyard or front yard? What of the pool's size and design?
- Do you need a house with a patio? If yes, what type of design would you prefer? How big/small do you want it to be?
- What type of lawns would you prefer including flower colours, shrubs, trimming design e.t.c.
- Garage- Is it big enough to accommodate your cars?
- Is the surrounding big enough for a playground like a basketball pitch?
- Should the house be located on great view of the surroundings?
9. Home Condition
- Would you prefer a new home or an old one? If old, how old should it be?
- If the house is old, how much repair does it require and how much would be the overall cost?
- Does the old house need additional features?
10. Budget and other Expenses
- How much do you plan to use for buying the house?
- Do you want to pay in cash or in instalments?
- Have you bought a house insurance and other coverage’s?
Remember that buying an old home cannot guarantee that you will get what you need. Most home owners prefer new homes because they get to make their own preferred decisions. Another thing that you must consider is the house's location. Is it near social amenities such as hospitals, school, recreation amenities, fitness centre, and community pool e.t.c.
Considering the rise in number of investors in the real estate industry, most home developers construct the houses depending on the client's choice. This enables them to satisfy the clients in regards to taste and their preferred lifestyle. If you happen to own a plot and have no idea which design to have for your house, you can consider using assistance from home advisor's and architectures. Ensure that your dream comes true by making the right choices when buying or having your house constructed.