Online Architecture Practice During World Pandemic 2020
Written by: Ar Rinka D'Monte
Date: 25 March 2020
It is not one of the best times in our life right now with the wide spread of Coronavirus pandemic and being home quarantined. We have been through tougher times during World War I and World War II, but nothing compared to this. As we are all under city wise & state wise lockdown in India, we at homeplansindia.com are hopeful to work towards giving a reason to those who have been meaning to design and build their house. Due to the forced lockdown the only things left for us is to take care of ourselves and our family (Also to keep our mental sanity).
As things are currently not under our control the only things that we can do is to organise & control our life at home. This is a good opportunity to ponder on things which have been on our mind for quite a while, but have not been dealt with. Every one of us will have a bucket list of things to do for ourselves or for our family. So, if you are in the midst of this and have been planning to do up your house design, then let's talk.
1. Creating a daily Schedule of personal and professional work is helping us to keep up with the focus at our architecture design work. It is surely taking a lot more of discipline and perseverance than what we expected, but it is the new way of work which can become fruitful if we manage our path well for each day. It is a lot less distracting than office with lesser number of coffee breaks.
2. This time is better for the projects that we currently have in our hand as we can spend some more time to ponder through the design and develop them better (with lesser office distraction) and can have more specific thoughts towards health and hygiene issues.
3. The current scenario has given us a stark jolt to bounce back with a fresh look to our architecture design process and allow more space for cleanliness, natural light and ventilation for all designs. It is also a good idea to adopt minimalism as part of our designs as it’s about the environment in which we live in, making it more practical and rational dealing with bigger life problems.
4. Now seems to be the right time to adopt green design, building material and sustainability to make it the language for expressing all our designs for any project. It is no more a fashionable sentence (mostly used by professionals to explain their designs) and rather a necessity for all designs. Health and hygiene have come to the forefront and now aiming the design to be well prepared and equipped for the environment of the future.
5. We will emerge out of this pandemic (hopefully by May 2020 in India), with a new approach towards our work life knowing we can organize our work and professional commitments from remote locations and can co-ordinate with our clients and staff in the same manner even from office. The prime focus will be work and the outcome, not with the location where we operate from, helping us save a lot of our time and effort.
This lockdown has motivated us to explore more of the online technology to keep progressing with our Architectural Practice in India. We do see it as a bright new beginning which will be more thoughtful towards our environment and people alike. Architecture Practice in 2020 will be remembered as an era which survived the pandemic COVID-19, as well as managed to evolve for the better.
Our Online Architecture practice started in 2011 and the idea has been to reach out to a greater number of people from India who cannot reach a professional architect in their locality. The idea has always been to provide best practice to all which we follow in Mumbai at very affordable prices (still our fee structure will be higher than local architects). Hoping that with this new drive and a new beginning we will manage to explain the novel initiative leading to a better future.
Do write back to us with your comment's at email@example.com